Top side view
Bottom side view
- Long term availability
- Microchip MPU SAMA5D31 (Cortex-A5 @ 536MHz)
- DDR2 RAM 256/512 MB @ 32 bit
- NAND FLASH 0/256 MB
- MicroSD holder hinge type
- Atmel AT24MAC402 on-board:
- Factory-Programmed unique EUI-48 address
- I2C-Compatible (2-wire) 2-Kbit Serial EEPROM
- Embedded Unique 128-bit Serial Number
- 10/100 Mbit ethernet I/F (can be turned off for power saving)
- Three USB Host ports (one configurable as USB device)
- Integrated 24 bit LCD controller and resistive touch panel I/F
- Four status leds
- Single power supply at 3.3 Volt DC
- Three 50-pin connectors pitch 1.27 mm (50 mils)
- Floating Point Unit
- Commercial (-0 +70 °C) or Extended (-25 +85 °C) temp. range
- Size: 53 x 53 mm (2.09x2.09 inches), weight: 14g
- Placement for metal shield for harsh environment
- AES/DES encryption engine
- Software compatibility with Atmel SAMA5D3 Xplained board
- PCB layers: 10
- Low power consumption
- Low EMI
- RoHS and REACH compliant
- Designed and Made in Italy
- No Acme Systems brand printed on-board
- 10/100 Mbit ethernet phy
- RGB i/f @ 24 bit for LCD TFT
- Resistive touch panel i/f
- TWI compatible I2C i/f (up to 3)
- SPI bus i/f (up to 2)
- GPIO lines (up to 120)
- A/D @ 12 bit (up to 12)
- Timer counters (up to 2)
- Serial ports (up to 6)
- 3 USB Host, 1 USB device
- Memory Card i/f (up to 2)
- ITU-R BT 601/656 image sensor i/f
- PWM (up to 6)
- SSC-I2S audio i/f (up to 2)
- Programmable clock (up to 3)
- JTAG port on pads
- Debug serial port
- Battery input for internal RTC
MicroSD hinge type holder
To open the Acqua microSD holder apply a gentle pression to the metallic
shield then shift it ahead.
Metallic shield for harsh environment
If you plan to use Acqua A5 in an electromagnetic noisy environment (for example
near DC motors) it is possible to place a metallic shield made by Wurth Elektronik
to better protect the board from external EMI.
This shield is composed by two parts:
- a metallic open frame to be welded to the board
- a removable metallic cover
SAMA5D3 ARM Cortex-A5 Microprocessors
"Based on the ARM® Cortex™-A5 processor, the Atmel® SAMA5D3
series of microprocessor units (MPUs) operates at up to 536MHz (850DMIPS)
at under 150mW, delivering a high-performance, low-power platform
for cost-sensitive industrial and consumer applications"
Third party news about Acqua
- This board is fully supported inside the Linux Kernel main stream http://www.kernel.org.
Thanks to this fact it is possible to try also the very latest Kernel releases. On this site we'll release up to the latest longterm versions.
- All the kernel drivers are fully open source and available directly on the official Linux repository.
- On the main index is available the step-by-step documentation to install Linux from scratch.
- Ready-to-use binary images are available on the download page
- Ready-to-buy-and-use microSDs are also available on our Acme Systems eShop
- Thousands of open source applications are available from the Debian and Buildroot repositories.
- ARMHF is the architecture to select for RoadRunner and Acqua boards. ARMEL is the architecture to select for Aria and Arietta boards.
- Almost all programming languages are available.
||Brand and Origin
||Microchip Technology Incorporated (USA)
||Micron Technology (USA) , Samsung (South Corea), Hynix (South Corea), Elpida (Japan), Alliance (USA)
||Rayming PCB (China)
||IEV Industria Elettronica Varese (Italy)
||JAE (Japan), other vendors (China)
||Yageo, Panasonic, Taiyo Yuden, Samsung, Vishay, Bourns, other vendors (China)
||Hirose (USA), Wurth Elektronik (Germany), other vendors (China)
||Various vendors (China)